The media doesn’t want you to know this, but it’s working. It continues to work. I am talking about the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare. It’s working, it’s saving lives, and it’s saving money.
Health Reform Benefits Many Americans by the following:
- Free Preventive Care
- Including check-ups, vaccines and screening like mammograms and colonoscopies at little to no cost.
- Get Covered through the Marketplace
- You can no compare options based on price and benefits. (www.healthcare.gov)
- Young Adults
- Over 6 million young adults can now stay on their parents’ insurance until they turn 26.
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Starting on Jan 1, 2014, insurance companies can’t charge you more or deny you coverage just because you get sick, or have a pre-existing condition, and now they can’t
- No Lifetime Limits
- Now, insurance companies can’t cancel coverage or limit what they will spend on your care when you get sick.
- If the insurance company spends more than 20% of your dollar on overhead then you get a check for the difference.
- Lower Costs
- Now, through the Marketplace, you could get lower monthly premiums.
- Prescription Drugs
- Now, nearly 3.5 million people with Medicare saved an average of $706 each on their prescriptions drugs in 2012. (WhiteHouse)
No matter all of the benefits from the Affordable Care Act Congressional Republicans want to repeal the law. Which would cause 129 million Americans with pre-existing conditions at risk of losing their health insurance coverage. 17 million kids with pre-existing conditions at risk of losing health insurance coverage, and more than 7 million seniors would pay $1,200 more for their prescription drugs.
Locally, the Nebraska Governor refuses to expand Medicaid and accept the federal dollars, which will pay 100% of the cost through 2016, and then 90% from 2020 on, and will return over $2 billion to Nebraska’s economy. Accepting the money and expanding Medicaid will generate nearly $700 miliion in economy activity each year. Since the Governor refuses to expand Medicaid, he is leaving 54,000 Nebraskans behind who could get health insurance through the expansion. (DisabilityRightsNebraska)
Sign State Senator Nordquist’s petition calling on Nebraska’s elected official to do the right thing and expand Medicaid. His petition already has over 1,864 signatures. Go here to sign: HealthcareFairness
Please share your story with your friends and family. Tell them how the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is working and what it means to you. Don’t let these Republicans win.